Running: 9 miles
Weather: crappy (t-storms)
Preparation isn't everything. I woke up promptly at 4:45 this morning. Planned to leave at 5:30 to get to the start corral. They closed at 6:30. At 5:30 there was serious lightening and thunder. Being as I was walking to the start (2 miles) things weren't looking so good. I gave myself the deadline of 5:50 for the storms to clear and get there on time. It didn't happen. If I didn't live in this silly city it wouldn't have been a big deal. I would have hopped in my car driven over to the race and sat there waiting for the storm to pass. If the race wasn't in nyc, its likely that the corrals wouldn't have closed at 6:30 for a 7am race. By 7:00 the storm had passed.
So here's the question. Was I just being a wimp? The race stats say that over 10,000 people still ran today. That means that 4,000 did not.
No comments:
Post a Comment